Effective Immediately March 17, 2020 COVID-19 Protocol
This is a difficult time with COVID-19 and for the safety of everyone, we are making some changes to our current client appointments when clients typically accompany their pets during their appointment.
Clinton Veterinary Hospital’s top priority right now is the safety of everyone. In order to continue offering our services and to keep within the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines regarding the transmission of COVID-19, we are making the following changes to our client protocol and lasting for as long as the recommendations are in place.
**If pet owners refuse to follow these new protocols**they will be asked to reschedule for when the guidelines are no longer in place.
New protocols include:
- In order to protect the safety of everyone we request all clients showing signs of illness that can be associated with COVID-19 remain at home. Call for further options.
- We are asking pet owners not to enter the building, in order to minimize contact distances.
- When clients arrive for their appointment, they should contact our office to alert our team they have arrived and what type of vehicle they are in. They are to remain in their vehicle and our staff will go over all treatments, pricing, and examination questions via phone. Then come outside to bring their pet in for their appointment or escort clients inside.
- We ask clients to remain on-site in their vehicle during their pet's appointment so that they are immediately available should we have any questions and in order to return their pet as quickly as possible to reduce the pet's stress.
- If any additional information is needed prior to performing our diagnostics, or any additional tests are needed beyond the examination, a team member or doctor will contact the client via phone.
- Once the pet has been fully evaluated, the doctor will contact the client - via phone - to go over their findings, recommendations and answer any questions they may have. The client's call will then be transferred to a client service representative that will collect payment via credit card over the phone. We ask our clients to please use credit cards vs other payment types (cash or check) at this time.
- A copy of the client's pet’s invoice/receipt can be emailed to them by the end of the day if requested. All medications dispensed in house will be brought out to the client with their pet when the evaluation is complete.
We strive to offer the same great service while minimizing risk for all parties at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate any changes.
Thank you for your patience and understanding and please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
As of April 1st we will be open weekdays from 9am-4pm. Saturdays will remain the same time of 8am-3pm.
We will be working in rescheduling later appointments and thank you for your understanding.